From March 1, 2012, tourist tax has come into force in the Bagno a Ripoli Municipality area. Revenues from the tax will be used to make Bagno a Ripoli even more hospitable, promote tourism and culture and solve the problem of the digital divide.
The tax is payable by any person not resident in Bagno a Ripoli, for each overnight stay in Ripolese accommodation. The amount is not included in the room price, but must be paid separately at the time of departure.
The amount of tourism tax is appropriate for the type of accommodation, taking into account the features and services offered, and the economic value of the stay, up to a maximum of EUR 4 per person per night, for a maximum of seven consecutive nights in same establishment. For hotels, camping sites, residences and farms the measure is defined in relation to their articulated classification, respectively, in “stars”, “keys” and “sheaves”.
The following are exempt from the tax:
- children up to the age of fourteen years of age;
- sick persons (even admitted to day hospital) or individuals who care for patients hospitalized in the area for a maximum of two assistants per patient;
- persons staying in accommodation as a result of measures taken by public authorities, to deal with emergency situations resulting from natural or extraordinary disasters or for purposes of humanitarian relief;
- a guide and a bus driver for each group of 20 people;
- dependent handicapped persons including an escort;
- employees of the accommodation facilities (both within and outside the hotel);
- those staying in a non-casual manner for work reasons in accommodation provided they are in the possession of a special certificate signed by their employer, showing the existence of an agreement with the same accommodation facility that testifies the reasons for the overnight stay.
The tax is suspended in the months of November, December, January and February.