The current Town Hall was built in the twenties of the twentieth century by the company Giani Grassina. In 1931 municipal offices were transferred there which until then had held different and also very decentralized seats with respect to the municipal area.
From the late eighteenth century until 1850 the municipal offices were housed in the former convent of San Francesco di Paola a Bellosguardo, and were then transferred to the Palazzo Torrigiani in Florence, where they remained until 1862. From 1862 to 1865 they remained in Via dell’Oriuolo, in the Palazzo Albizi. From 1866 to 1868 the municipal offices were located in Piazza Signoria in Palazzo Uguccioni. For a very short period we can also find them in the former convent of Badia a Ripoli. Since 1869 and until the inauguration of the new town hall, more space would be found in the restored villa Bandini located in the town from which it takes its name: Bandino. In the eighties of the last century the town hall was expanded with the construction of a wing which includes, among other things, the new boardroom.